It’s no secret that I love strawberries and all the syrupy goodness that it comes with when sugar is involved. So I incorporated it into these strawberries and cream trifles. I could sit down and spoon the strawberries and syrup by itself until it is completely gone. It’s true and I’ve probably done it a couple of times in my life. I, however, toughed it out this time and made trifles instead. Trifles that happen to be perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I can’t wait to give these trifles another shot when I get some fresh strawberries from the strawberry farm near me this spring. The smell alone from freshly picked strawberries makes me go crazy. I start drooling and before you know it, I’ve ate several dozen strawberries without the sugar added though. Can you tell I’m itching for winter to be done with?
Let’s make a list of things that have been hard on me this winter.
- My pants
Mehh. That’s all I could think of. hehe. Still, I’m ready for the next season to happen. What about you?
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 30 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- In a saucepan, add in the strawberries and sugar. Place over medium heat and let cook for 23 - 25 minutes until the strawberries are broke down. Stir occasionally. I mash my strawberries as they cook with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Set the mixture in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge until completely cooled.
- In a cold mixing bowl, add in the heavy cream. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Add in the powdered sugar. Continue to beat until it becomes thick.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese. Mix with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add in one cup of the cooled strawberry syrup mixture in with the cream cheese. Mix until incorporated.
- Add half of the whipped cream into the mixture. Using a hand mixture, incorporate the whipped cream into the cream cheese.
- Place the mousse into a piping bag with a straight tip or coupler.
- Add the remaining whipped cream in a piping bag with a 1M tip.
- In your trifle dishes, add in some cooled strawberries and syrup.
- Pipe a layer of mousse.
- Sprinkle a nice layer of vanilla wafer cookies.
- Pipe a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat all of the layers except the cookies. You can add more or less of any of the things too.