This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
I’ve been working on some tasty drinks lately starting with this watermelon fizz. I love watermelon so much and it’s like my idea simple summer dessert. It’s very nostalgic for me. I wanted to try my hand on doing a little something more with my watermelon this year. If you missed my watermelon sorbet I made last month, that was my first recipe I shared with watermelon!
This recipe would make the perfect drink for a cookout or party with your friends and fam. It’s gorgeous in color, tangy from the lime juice, and bubbly from the ginger ale. All while still being able to taste plenty of the watermelon flavor! If you wanted to make this into an adult only drink, you could add a little gin or bourbon. I wanted to keep mine kid friendly since my five-year-old was my side kick in taste testing this drink. Eeek. Guys! I have a five-year-old now. Good bye days of getting away with calling him my baby. Insert crying emoji here.
This is for all my Floridians that have watermelons in season right now! If you want more recipes, there are recipes with in season ingredients on the Fresh From Florida website. Oh and I also appreciate the watermelon, blueberries, tomatoes, and corn being sent up this way in May and June for us Northerners to enjoy! I actually made this drink for Memorial day!
I’ve been on quite the kick of adding a little lime to everything as of lately. It all started on Mother’s Day when my hubby took me to Friday’s to eat and I ordered a cherry limeade because they stopped carrying iced tea. It was good. Actually, really good and I’ve been adding lime to everything since.
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, chopped (rind removed)
- ¼ cup key lime juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 + ½ cups ginger ale, cold
- In a blender, add in the watermelon, lime juice and granulated sugar. Blend until pureed. You can strain any of the watermelon pulp, but I left it.
- Pour the watermelon juice into a large pitcher.
- If you were to add any liquor, do it now.
- Pour the cold ginger ale into the pitcher and stir. Serve into four glasses and drink immediately. If you plan on drinking it later, hold off on adding the ginger ale until you plan on serving it. Add ice if preferred.